One of the first Garden Villages in a generation boasting:
- 1,500 unique energy efficient homes
- Primary School and Nursery
- A community heart with EV charging, shops, cafes,
restaurants, and a pub
- 7MW Solar Park
- A swimming lake, and 4 further biodiverse lakes
- 350 acre country park
Engineering challenges existed that required an adoption partner to consult with and facilitate the programme. ESP were critical partners during the design stages of this project, ensuring that ECO-BOS were able to achieve their Masterplan strategy and use surface water sustainably.
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH ESP
- ESP were able to tie into the existing onsite networks and help rationalise the designs, through aggregating the remaining assets, ESP’s contribution was increased, and existing assets were fully utilised
- ECO-BOS have a multi-national board; ESP provided flexibility in contract negotiations to meet the requirements of all JV members
- The NAA adoption process allows ECO-BOS to select their preferred ICP partners phase by phase, allowing contractor flexibility and contractor accountability throughout each phase of the project
- ESP’s responsiveness allowed a technically challenging network to be designed and value engineered, by contrast the incumbents were unwilling to engage with ECO-BOS to discuss undesigned networks
- Post acceptance support helped ensure further cost savings as designs were undertaken
- ESP adopted the sewers early, allowing the installation and adoption of the spine roads well ahead of occupation, releasing bonds and removing ECO-BOS’s maintenance costs.
Working with ESP has simplified a complex adoption landscape and made designing and delivering the utilities networks at West Carclaze simple. The ESP team has integrated with our design teams to help overcome complex network challenges. We would recommend ESP and would want to work with them on all our projects.
Neil McQuire, Pre-Construction Manager, ECO-BOS