We provide safe and reliable networks, but sometimes things do go wrong.
We aim to provide a safe and reliable electricity supply but unfortunately faults can occur that cause interruptions to your electricity supply.
If your electricity supply goes off, or if you have any concern about the safety of your meter, or of our underground electricity cables, please telephone 105 at any time of the day or night. This number is free of charge from a mobile or landline phone.
Our advice if you lose supply:
First, check whether your neighbours have also lost their supply. If your neighbours don’t have power, call 105.
If your neighbours DO have power:
- Check your trip switch
- If the trip switch is still on, call 105
- If the trip switch is off, switch it back on. If it switches back off, one of your appliances may be faulty. Unplug all appliances and then reset the trip switch
- If only part of your electricity supply has failed and the trip won’t reset, there may be a fault with your internal wiring. Please contact a registered electrician
- Check your electricity meter. Is the dial/display working? If not, call 105
- More information and guidance on what to do during a power outage can be found here
If you smell gas:
- Turn off appliances
- Open all doors and windows
- Turn the emergency control valve off at the gas meter. This is a red or yellow lever which should be turned clockwise to the horizontal position
- Do not smoke in or near the property
- Do not operate any light switches, electrical sockets or any other possible sources of ignition
Priority Services Register
The Priority Services Register allows eligible customers to access additional help and support with their energy supply. For information about the qualifying criteria and how to sign up, please visit our FAQ page or download our Priority Services information pack.
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free service offered by both your energy supplier and your network operator and it may entitle you to get extra help and support with your energy supply.
You can sign up if you:
- are of pensionable age
- live with a child under 5
- are disabled, seriously or chronically sick
- have an impairment of your hearing, vision, speech or any other communication difficulties including language barriers
- have a long-term medical condition
- are dependent on medical equipment
- have poor mobility, co-ordination or hand movement
- have dementia, a developmental condition or any other mental health concerns
You might also be able to sign up if you’re in a vulnerable situation or need the security of having an additional presence with you when we call, even if it’s only on a temporary basis.
For more information about the PSR and how it could benefit you, you can visit the Citizens Advice information page. To get in touch with us about signing up to our PSR, please contact us via the online form or call us on 01372 587 500.
Once you’ve joined, you may be contacted to ensure that your details are accurate and up to date. This is to make sure we can give you the best support for your needs.
We will always follow privacy laws and ensure that your personal information will never be used for marketing purposes.
We like to hear all types of feedback from our customers as it helps us to know what we’re doing right, and what we need to improve.
If you have any feedback, or have an enquiry, please contact us via the online form, email Customer Services or call the mainline number.